Ref NoD-WSN
TitleWILSON OF BLANDFORD FORUM AND PARKSTONE, BUILDERS.
Date1939-1990
LevelFonds
AdminHistoryG A Wilson and Son of Blandford Forum was owned by George Alfred Wilson until his death in the early 1970s, when the business passed to his son, Kenneth Walter Wilson. The firm was originally based at 10A East Street, Blandford Forum with a yard at Langton Road. In 1953 it moved to new premises at Damory Court, 71 Salisbury Road, Blandford Forum. George Wilson was also proprietor of the Blue Boar Inn, East Street, Blandford Forum, which is reflected in his surviving income tax returns (D/WSN: A 2/2/1-2/2/3). A related building firm based at 37 Parr Street, Parkstone was run by George's brother, Thomas Holdway Wilson. This firm was originally managed by Thomas Wilson on behalf of his mother, Kate Wilson. Thomas continued to trade as "K Wilson" after the business was left to him on his mother's death in 1950.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019