Ref NoD-WAL/C/2/7
TitleCONSERVATION.
LevelSeries
AdminHistoryErnest Wamsley Lewis was very much interested in Weymouth's architectural heritage and became a founder member of Weymouth Civic Society in 1946. The drawings listed within this section were the result of the Civic Society's attempts to save the Harbour Master's House in North Quay and numbers 2 and 3 Trinity Street. The Harbour Master's House was eventually demolished but Wamsley Lewis succeeded in restoring the Tudor house in Trinity St which is now open to the public having been bequeathed to the Civic Society by Wamsley Lewis.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020