Ref NoD-2264
TitleTHE YEWS, 6 WHITCOMBE ROAD [FORMERLY EAST STREET], BEAMINISTER, DORSET.
DescriptionManorial court nominations, admissions, surrenders and agreements; conveyances, correspondence and plans.
Date1763-2004
LevelFonds
AdminHistoryBuilt in circa 1640, the property formed part of Beaminster Seconda Manor. The Lordship of the Manor was held by the Cox Family later Russell Family and Stewardship in the early 1800s was held by Peter Cox and later held by Kitson and Trotman, Solicitors of Beaminster. The house became known as ???The Yews??? in the mid 1800s: two yew trees stand close to the house and are depicted in a photograph of Robert and Ann Leigh and two of their children (former occupiers) taken in front of the house in the 1870s. Standing on the south side of East Street, the section of the street was renamed Whitcombe Road in the 20th century. In 1968 Michael and Ann Hudson bought the house and demolished the waiting room and surgery extension on the Whitcombe Road end of the house which had been built by Herbert Arnold Lake. They moved there in August 1969. In 2004 The Yews was sold by Ann Hudson..
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020